About NHS Credit Union
We help care for the monetary health members across Scotland and the North of England and our membership is developing at record rates.
At the beginning of this monetary year, there were around 17 000 staff enjoying the benefits of being part of our monetary family.
Admission to membership of the Credit Union
- Individuals currently in receipt of a continuing and regular instalment arising from participation in the occupation of:
- Individuals otherwise connected with the individuals through:
- receiving a pension as a result of following the occupation held by the above individuals or associated individuals.
- offering trade union, credit union, social and welfare, ancillary or contracted services to the above individuals
- An individual who is a member of the same household as, and is a relative of, an individual who is a member of the credit union and falls squarely within a common bond specified above.
We’re here for you
Unlike banks, we are owned by members and run only for their benefit. Any employee of NHS in Scotland of the north of England can join the NHS Credit Union - along with any member of the family living in the same household.It’s simple to join.
NHS Credit Union Services
We help centre the monetary health of members throughout Scotland and the north of England and our membership is developing at record rates.
At the beginning of this monetary year, there were around 17 000, staff enjoying the benefits of being part of our monetary family.
Our product ranges
We provide our members with a secure home for savings, cheaper, ethical personal loans and a whole lot more.
Membership is open to NHS employees in Scotland, North England (North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humberside) and their families staying at the same address. More information can be found on our website. If you are not sure about your eligibility to join the NHS Credit Union, please contact us on 0141 455 022 BEFORE you finish the online loan application form.
Regular savings account
- Savings can be pawned as security against long or short-term cash loans.
- No retribution for withdrawals
- Savings protected under the FSCS strategy.
- Free Life Savings and Loan protection projects.
NHS Credit Union Product Details
- Loan Type Credit union loans
- Interest Rate from 3%
- Loan Amount up to £25,000
- Repayment 1 month to 84 months
Summary of Services
- Add to your savings while repaying loans
- Affordable rates
- No fee for early repayment
Let us help you manage your money better
As members of credit unions, we can all benefit from learning better ways to handle our capital, out everyday costs and mean what alternatives are out there for us to maximise your income.
The information on this page provided by Scotland’s Financial Health Service - gives some advice on issues such as budgeting and understanding tax, along with links to more detailed sources of information.
How we protect your money
The capital you deposit into your credit union account, up to £85 000, is protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If you have a joint account you will be shielded for £85 000 each.
Instant access savings account
Our instant access savings account is designed for our members to set capital aside for a rainy day, with instant access to their savings Members cab transfer a lump sum of capital from their regular savings account or set up a regular instalment by splitting their payroll deduction or direct debit between their regular savings account and instant access savings account.
- Payroll deduction for savings and loans.
- Simple to join.
- Free life protection scheme.
- Simple access to savings.
Budgeting and reducing costs
If you’re finding it hard to make end’s meet, being aware of how much capital you have available to spend each month is the key to allowing you to budget effectively. A good first step is to write down all your income -wages after-tax benefits any other earnings.
Then list how much you spend monthly on your rent mortgage, utility bills, TV, internet and mobile, living expenses, travel loan paybacks and any other expenses. Then total up your income and outgoings and see how much capital you have left. We are able to assist with debt consolidation loans and other alternative forms of debt assistance.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I would recommend NHS to anyone who's in a tight spot and needs money
— London —
If you need cash they've got you. I don't worry about finances knowing that NHS is around
— Birmingham —
NHS Credit Union Contact Details
- Moorpark Court, 3B, Pavilion, 9 Dava St, Govan Glasgow Scotland G51 2JA United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 10:30 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 15:45
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed