About – Barclays
Barclays bank is an established financial institute with 200 years of practice and experience in serving people.
The bank traces its ancestry roots back to two goldsmiths doing business in Lombard Street, London in 1960.
We endured the test of time
Built over two centuries ago, Barclays has endured the test of time against a backdrop of multiple financial crises, international and industrial conflicts as well as the revolution of technology. Our longevity is an extraordinary achievement and we strive to uphold this legacy. We move, lend, invest and protect the money of our customers worldwide. We specialise in personal loans and business loans, but we have many other loan options to choose from.
When you grow we grow
We strive to create opportunities to grow, as such, we are opportunity makers working together to help people grow their customers, clients, colleagues and society. By creating opportunities for others to grow, we recognise that Barclays grows too. We are different from most other lenders as we give you a personalized price quote up front. You get to see the actual rate, and the quote won't affect your credit score.
Services – Barclays
We offer you money straight away because we understand life’s unexpected emergencies.
Simply apply online and submit, once approved you will receive your payday loan straightaway. We will notify you as soon as your loan has gone through the final approval process. Subsequently, the money will be transferred to your bank account straight away.
Our price guarantees
In the event you find a loan with a lower APR within 30 days of signing a Barclays loan agreement, we will match it, provided it’s like-for-like. As such, your monthly repayments will be recalculated to match the lower interest rate. Our fixed monthly repayments assist you in budgeting better.
Our top-up option
We also offer you a top-up option for those who already have a Barclays loan and need more funds. Simply apply online or speak to our helpful consultants. If you need to take out a second loan, this option is viable for you on request. In addition, you get to choose your repayment plan depending on the loan amount.
Summary of Services
- Short-term Personal Loans
- Payday Loans
- Long Personal Loans
Barclay offers you easy and straightforward payday loans
At Barclays, we offer our customers an easy and straight forward personal loan process.
We know that sometimes incidents happen which cannot be planned for, leaving you feeling overwhelmed. We will do our best to assist you, however, we have a few criteria to determine your eligibility.
To qualify for a personal loan with us, you will need to be:
- A Barclays current or savings account holder, mortgage or Barclaycard
- A UK resident
- Aged 18 or above
Your Barclays loan can be used for almost anything, apart from:
- Business reasons
- Investments, including buying stocks and shares
- Purchasing property (home improvements are fine)
- Gambling-related expenses
- Repaying CCJs (county court judgments)
- Combining this loan with any others
We encourage our clients if possible, to repay their loans early.
You have the right to repay your loan early, a portion or entirety, at any time. We charge you a fee equal to 30 days' interest on the amount you're repaying, including any other interest that's due.
Other lending commitments
As a lender we pride ourselves in acting fairly and responsibly, to note this we are committed to following the standards of lending practice. These standards set out some of our key responsibilities and we ask you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We lend responsibly and strive to provide you with a product that is affordable for you
- We provide you with information about our products and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, in order to help you make an informed decision which best suits your personal needs.
- We will work towards ensuring our products and services, as far as possible, meet the flexibility of your needs
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times, and provide you with a high-level of service
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for instance pertaining to the personal information we hold about you, we will act swiftly and correct it.
- We will always strive to assist you if we see, or you tell us, that you are experiencing trouble financially. In this instance, we seek to understand your overall circumstances, try and identify options that are affordable and appropriate for you as well as provide a reference for free debt counselling.
What we ask of you:
- Think carefully and be truthful about whether or not you are able to afford the repay of your loan
- Be vigilant about your personal and security information, in particular, cards, PINs, online log-in details to help prevent fraud and assist us to protect your accounts
- In the event that your card is lost or stolen, please alert us immediately. Or if you know or suspect someone is misusing your personal information – get in touch with us straight away.
- Always carefully check your account statements to ensure they are accurate. If you spot anything that’s not right, please get in touch with us.
Please reach out to us if:
- Your contact details have changed, so our records stay up to date.
- In the event, your personal circumstances change, in particular, if it’s likely to cause you difficulties in managing your account or financial problems
- If you are unable to maintain your repayments, the sooner you let us know the sooner we will be able to find a way to assist you.
We encourage you to please take note of all terms and conditions associated with your current account, credit card or personal loan.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
The loan is affordable, and the terms are good.
— London —
I needed money desperately and Barclays gave me the best possible option.
— Glasgow —
Their payday loan package is a sweet deal.
— Edinburgh —
I was able to find the best solution for my financial issues.
— Liverpool —
Ph: +44 345 734 5345 / +44 345 734 5345
Postal Address1 Churchill Pl, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed