About Nationwide Building Society
Nationwide Building Society is a British Mutual financial institution based in the United Kingdom (UK).
We are a made up of over a hundred mergers, as such most notably is our merger with Anglia Building Society in 1987 and Portman Building Society in 2007. Currently, we are the second largest provider of household savings, personal and business loans and mortgages within the UK.
What makes us different
Even if you already bank with us, save with us, or have bought a home with us - we always have your best interests at heart. We aim to provide excellent customer service which you expect and deserve. We run our business for the benefit of our customers, and we really are on your side.
The free banking app
Our free Banking app lets you check and manage your credit card on the go, and best of all is easy to sue. However, you first must be registered with our online banking service. Our banking app allows you to simply log in to check balances, view e-statements and more. In addition, you can make contactless payments with our credit cards or use Apple Play, Google Play, or Samsun Play – basically anywhere contactless payments are accessible.
Nationwide Building Society Services
We offer you a couple of credit cards perfectly designed to suit your individual needs.
The criteria before you can apply for credit:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a UK resident
- Earn a minimum income of £5,000 per year
- Have a current account with Nationwide
Select credit card
With this credit card you could be rewarded with:
- 0% for up to 12 months on balance transfers - balance transfers at 0% must be completed within the first 3 months of opening your account
- No balance transfer fee – this applies for the first 3 months of account opening, thereafter it will revert to 2.4%
- You pay 0% for 12 months on purchases – an Introductory rate applies from the date the account is opened
- You can use your card abroad and best of all you get unlimited commission-free purchases when using your select credit abroad.
- You get access to exclusive cashback offers when you shop online
- You don’t pay an annual fee or a monthly fee for having a credit card with us.
Nationwide Building Society Product Details
- Loan Type Credit cards
Summary of Services
- Personal Loans
- Credit Cards
We are an award-winning financial institution
Our customers have nominated and awarded us as Best Banking Brand Award of the year 2018. Plus, we are Britain’s leader for satisfied customers.
We provide accessibility support for our members
What this means - we want to make it simple for everyone to use our products and services, as such we are working hard to continually improve our accessibility for all individuals with a disability or long-term health conditions. Already we are providing a number of services which ensure Nationwide is accessible to all, these include:
- Large print, Braille, Audio CD Communication
- Talking ATMs
- Interpreters for the deaf or hard hearing customers
- Helping hand units
- Level ramps/wheelchair friendly
- Chip and signature cards
We listen to you
As a valued customer you get a say in how we are run. Due to ongoing feedback from our customers, we have introduced a greater choice of current accounts, advanced our Online Banking services and improved the overall quality of service we offer.
Over the years we have invested and revealed more than £21 million towards community and charity projects. And our members have guided us as to which organisations need the help the most.
We reward members
When you choose us you get a lot more than just a bank account, we may offer you preferential rates or even cash exchange for recommending us to your family and friends.
Our business decisions are underpinned by our core values of respect, fairness and dependability. We strive to do the right thing for our customers every time.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
They really listened to me when I went to speak to customer services and they helped me out a lot
— Nottingham —
I like using their banking application. It helps me manage my account no matter where I am
— London —