About Bristol Credit Union
Bristol Credit Union (or BCU) is here to assist local people in making most of their capital, by giving them access to affordable loans and competitive savings accounts.
When people put their savings with us, we’re able to assist other local people with personal loans. And because we’re here to support your community, all the capital stays in the local economy.
Helping people save and borrow at fair rates
We loan out capital at fair and cheaper rates of interest, saving our members from having to turn doorstep or payday loans. But that’s not all we do. We also offer solvers a decent return on their savings, plus the knowledge they’re investing in the local area.
It’s all about members
We’re owned by our members, that’s everyone who saves, loans or bank with us. We don’t have shareholders who take the profits, therefore any profit we make gets recycled back into the Credit Union, allowing us to assist more local people. So the more people who become members, the more people we can help out.
By becoming a member you will have a say in how your credit unions run and grow. You are encouraged to attend and participate at our Annual General Meeting and there are opportunities to become a volunteer to join our member panel.
Bristol Credit Union Services
Whether you’re looking to loan help with your household expenses or for a bigger purchase or debt consolidation, we have the right personal loan to suit you.
We've made simple to borrow as little as £100 or up to £15 000 at a fair, cheap rate with no in-store or online loan application fees and no early payback charges.
Why borrow from Bristol Credit Union?
When you apply for a loan, you’ll instantly get a membership to Bristol Credit Union, giving you access to a broad range of products and services including a free savings account:
- 5-star Fairbanking Mark for our personal loans.
- the loaner satisfaction rate of 98%.
- we put people before profit. We use the interest we charge you to offer a better service for our members and help others in our community.
- A loan from £100 to £2,999,99
- small short-term loans are accessible from £100
- if you’ve had difficulty in the past that doesn’t necessarily stop you getting the loan
- interest rate is fixed and your paybacks won’t vary.
- we are more affordable than payday or doorstep loaners.
Bristol Credit Union Product Details
- Loan Type Credit Unions
Summary of Services
- Personal Loans
Start saving with Bristol Credit Union
We provide a range of different savings accounts, from a simple access account to a Christmas saver.
We’ve even recently introduced a Cash ISA that grants you to save paying tax on your savings interest. And rest assured your capital is safe, as deposits of up to £85 000 are protected by the FSCS.
Keeping your savings safe
- by choosing us you can be sure your savings are safe:
- we prepare annual monetary statements that can be read by members.
- our independently audited yearly returns are submitted to the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- your savings are covered by the FSCS up to £85 000.
Get a solar loan
- A loan from £2,000 to £15, 000
- You must be a homeowner.
- This loan covers the cost of solar panel installation.
The advantage loan
- Fast cash loan from £7,500 to £15 00
- You need to be a owner of a home of at least three years.
- A household income of at least £18 000 is needed.
Employer partner loans
- A loan from £100 to £15 000
- A loan from £100 to £15 000 with loan votes that are discounted exclusively for members who are working for one of our Employer Partners.
- Easy payback-direct your salary
- No application fee or set-up charges.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I like cheap rates and Bristol provides affordable loans
— London —
I've never used another lender when I found Bristol
— Manchester —
Bristol is the type of lender that looks for your needs.
— Liverpool —
Bristol Credit Union Contact Details
- 112-114 Cheltenham Rd Bristol England BS6 5RW United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 10:00 – 14:30
- Tuesday 10:00 – 14:30
- Wednesday 10:00 – 14:30
- Thursday 10:00 – 14:30
- Friday 10:00 – 14:30
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed