About Wolverhampton City Credit Union
We’re proud to be part of the worldwide credit union movement where people join forces to supply fairer monetary services in their communities and workplaces.
A not-for-profit community, we're owned and managed by our members-people who live, work, volunteer or study in a WV postcode area. Our mission is to give our members a better financial future by providing ethical, truthful and fair community banking.
Save money with us
Members' savings are used to finance other members at fair and reasonable interest rates. The interest paid back from loans is used to finance a return a members savings. We don’t have shareholders taking a slice of the profits. Instead, everything we do benefits our members and the wider community. We care deeply about how we do business and how we treat people.
Fair and responsible lending
We’re owned by our members who all have a fair say in how we run. You make your voice heard by selecting our volunteer board of directors at our Annual General Meeting. The Board decides the direction of the credit union, accepts business plans and challenges and supports the credit unions manager. As shareholders, our members earn a yearly dividend paid on their savings when we’re successful.
Wolverhampton City Credit Union Services
Protect yourself from unexpected expenses by putting aside for a little rainy day.
Saving also cut the stress of paying for expensive times of the year, such as Christmas or making a big purchase such as renovating a kitchen or when you need a car loan.
We make saving as easy as possible
- Deposit capital in person at our branch at 73 Worcester Street, Wolverhampton.
- Standing order -call us on 01902 572340 to set this up.
- Joining our payroll deduction scheme and saving straight from your salary.
- Deductions through your benefits- call us on 01902572340 to set this up.
You can view your balance
- Through our mobile banking app
- By contacting us on 01902 572340
- Calling into our branch at 73 Worcester Street Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton City Credit Union Product Details
- Loan Type Credit Unions
Summary of Services
- Personal Loans
- Quick Loans
We strive towards making loans easier for you
Managing your capital, easily and quickly at a time and place that suits you, all from the convenience of your laptop, tablet or desktop computer. Enter your membership number, date of birth and PIN to log in.
You can then:
- Make same-day external bank transfers online between 10:00 am and 3:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Add new bank information to make bank transfers.
- Transfers capital between credit union accounts 24/7 (e.g. from normal shares to mandatory savings, members can also transfer from shares to loan).
- Check balances 24/7 (normal shares, mandatory savings, loan balances, prepaid card).
- Request eStatements
- Apply for a top-up loan or loan online.
- Sign up for electronic reports, SMS alerts and online newsletter.
Our advice on how to save
We believe it’s possible for everyone to save, even if you have never saved before or are finding difficulty on how a low income. The important thing is not how much you save, but getting into the custom of saving. For help and advice on how to save, sign up for our 8 steps to saving programme.
Our mobile app
Our mobile banking app is created to help you control your capital at home, work or on the go using your smartphone or tablet.
The app is accessible to download from the App Store and Google Play and us free. Once downloaded, you after the terms and conditions of the app and verify your mobile number. To log in, you enter your membership number, PIN and date of birth.
The Engage credit card
Engage is a visa credit card accessible only to accredited unions. It can be used in shops, to pay bills and for online purchases. Just top-up and go. You can :
- Transfer your wages or benefits straight to your account, or pay in whether you see the PayPal logo.
- Access your account online, by phone, or via a free mobile app.
- Withdraw capital at any cash machine that displays the Visa logo.
- Use the debit card in shops, to pay your bills online or set up standing orders.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I'm in a much better financial situation because of their help.
— Liverpool —
I really appreciate this company. They make it easy for me to borrow money when I need it
— London —
Wolverhampton City Credit Union Contact Details
- 73 Worcester St Wolverhampton England WV2 4LE United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 10.00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 10.00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 10.00 – 13:00
- Thursday 10.00 – 16:00
- Friday 10.00 – 16:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed