We move, lend, invest and protect money for customers worldwide.
We possess more than 325 years of history and expertise in banking. We started in Lombard Street, London and have survived in the lead all the way to launching the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payment services.
Barclays offers a full range of products
Our mortgage services include options for first-time home buyers, buy-to-let, existing mortgage customers, remortgage to us and help to buy mortgages.
The guide for first-time homebuyers
So, the time in your life has come and you looking for your dream home, but you don’t know what the first step is. Don’t worry, we here to assist you to find the right deal for you. We’ll show you how to acquire a mortgage from start to finish, including what information you need to provide us and the steps you’ll have to take.
Remortgaging to Barclays made easy:
Remortgaging means moving your mortgage to a new lender while remaining in the same property. If your current mortgage deal is ending or has already moved to a follow-on rate, it would be wise to check the latest offers. For example, if your property is worth more than what you purchased it, for your loan-to-value ratio could have changed – and this could mean you have a wider range of deals at your disposal.
We also have Premier Mortgage option whereby you can enjoy exclusive access to our mortgages for your home or buy-to-let property – whether you're buying, remortgaging, borrowing more or switching your rate.
We can offer tips, mortgages and insurance deals for not only aspiring but experienced landlords alike. Purchasing a property as an investment could potentially give you an income however there are lots of things to consider.
Something for our existing mortgage customers
At Barclays, we value every customer, so if you already have a mortgage with us and you thinking of switching to a new mortgage deal, you more than welcome to take full advantage of our exclusive rates.
The benefits of our home loans
- Exclusive rates are available whether you’re switching rate or purchasing a new home
- Switch online without advice or get advice from one of our mortgage advisors
- Change to a new rate up to 90 days before your current deal ends
- Available for fixed-rate, tracker and offset mortgages
- No legal or property valuation fees
- No income or affordability assessments
Barclays Product Details
- Loan Type Home loans
Summary of Services
- Credit Cards
- Online Service
Need a hand buying your new home? We can help
Help to buy could suit you if you are struggling to save a deposit - our Help to Buy ISA offers a bonus if you’re saving for a deposit on your first home.
- Only a 5% deposit to get a mortgage
- Fill-up your deposit to access more mortgage deals
- with a Help to Buy ISA you can boost your savings
Top your deposit up with an equity loan
An equity short-term loan allows you to apply to borrow a lower mortgage amount, which means you’ll be able to choose from a wider range of mortgage deals. Purchase a new home in London with a 5% deposit. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or buying a new home, add to your deposit on a new-build home in London. Purchasing a home through shared ownership means you can apply for a smaller mortgage amount – so your deposit could be lower, too. We also have business loans, vehicle finance and personal loans.
Help to Buy ISA
The benefit is tax-free savings and receiving 25% government bonus on £1,600 to £12,000 of your savings when you buy your first home.
The mortgage products
At Barclays, we have several products our clients can choose from, from fixed-rate mortgages to tracker mortgage. Below we have listed our products:
- Fixed-rate mortgage - A rate which won’t change in any way for a set amount of time. By choosing a fixed-rate mortgage it means that you won’t be affected if interest rates change for a set number of years.
- Tracker mortgage - A tracker mortgage doesn’t tie you down to a fixed rate, so your payments could fluctuate.
- Offset mortgages - Decrease your monthly payments or pay off your mortgage sooner by offsetting other accounts with us against your mortgage balance
- Great escape mortgages - Save money when choosing to remortgage with us. You could potentially save thousands of pounds when you switch to us from your current lender because you won’t be charged application, valuation or standard legal fees.
- Barclays green home mortgages - When buying an energy-efficient home, we’ll reward you with a lower mortgage. We support greener choices.
- Interest-only mortgages - Pay the mortgage interest each month without reducing the balance but you’ll need to have a realistic plan to repay the balance by the time the mortgage ends.
Need a hand with your mortgage?
Get a helping hand when purchasing your new home. We have several options to assist you to get the keys to your new home like family springboard mortgage, joint mortgages, help to buy mortgages and shared mortgages.
Whatever your mortgage needs, we’ve got the tools and information to help with your preparation. Use our calculators to work out your mortgage budget. find if you could borrow the amount you need with an Agreement in principle and find out how to prepare for your mortgage appointment.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I got my loan really quickly
— Birmingham —
Their online advice helped a lot when it came to making the decision
— York —
Great service. I got my loan a lot quicker than I expected and it helped me out quite a bit. Thank you, Barclays!
— Leeds —
Barclays Contact Details
- 1 Churchill Pl, Canary Wharf London England E14 5HP United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed